UV SPS-5200 CLEAR is an UV curable clear for screen printing that is flexible and highly resistant. It is a high-gloss clear with good leveling properties. It has excellent adaptability to PVC stickers, which require weather resistance.
- PVC stickers for outdoor use
- Weather resistance clear on soft & rigid PVC, PC, Paper, various offset printing, and VK inks.
- Suitable for applications where yellowing is not preferred, solvent resistance, and chemical resistance are required.
- Soft & Rigid PVC, PC, Paper,
- On offset printing
- On solvent type screen ink（VK）
- Not required in general use（Use RE-804 REDUCER within 5% if dilution is needed）
Catalyst, Promoter mixing
- Not required
- SM-278 DEFOAMER Less than 1%（If bubbling or cissing occurs）
- SM-301 FLOW AGENT Less than 1%（to improve leveling）
- Screen Cleaner L2
- T 250 to 420 mesh（Coverage is about 60 to 90m2/㎏）
- Accumulated light energy: 180 to 300mJ/cm2, Peak power: 225mW/cm2 （Eye Graphics UV integral light counter）
- Two 80W/cm metal halide lamps, lamp height 15cm, belt speed 8 to 15m/min
- Checking adhesion before production: Adhesion may change depending on the substrates, processes, and printing. Be sure to check the adhesiveness before mass production printing.
- Ink shelf life: 12 months from production date, unopened.
- UN No.: Not classified in the definition
- UN Classification: Not classified in the definition
- Use safety gloves and eyeglasses to protect skin and eyes. If the ink comes in contact with skin, wash with soap and plenty of water (or lukewarm water) and consult with a doctor.
- SDS is available upon request. Please request a copy and read it carefully before handling the products.
|Test item||Test Conditions||Test results|
|Adhesion||80℃ 72 hrs. leave 1 hr. check appearance, adhesion, and size||No defect|
|Hot Water||Soak 72 hrs. in 50℃ hot water, leave 1hr, check appearance, adhesion, and,Size||No defect|
|Boiling Water||98℃ check appearance of ink layer after 5 min.||No defect|
|Cool-heat cycling test||80℃4 hrs.→25℃ 1hr.→-20℃ 4hrs.→25℃ 1hr. 10 cycles, check appearance and adhesion||No defect|
|Pencil Hardness||JIS K-5400||H～2H|
|Punching||Cut with a punch, check cut edges.||No defect|
|Elongation||Tensilon STM tension tester,Tensile test 15mm X 100mm sheet||30％|
|Bending||Best tester, condition of no crack in printed ink layer after 180 degree bending.||2mm or less|
|Acid||Soak 7 hrs. in 5% HCl, check appearance and adhesion （25℃）||No defect|
|Alkaline||Soak 7 hrs. in 5% NaOH, check appearance and adhesion （25℃）||No defect|
|Gasoline||Gakushin scrub tester, cotton soaked high octane gasoline, weight 500g, 100 back and forth, check appearance||No defect|
|Alcohol||Gakushin scrub tester, cotton soaked ethanol, weight 500g, 200 back and forth, check appearance||No defect|
|Solvent||Gakushin scrub tester, cotton soaked ethyl acetate, weight 500g, 10 back and forth, check appearance||No defect|
|Scrub||Gakushin scrub tester, cotton, weight 500g, 1000 back and forth||No defect|
|Blocking||Weight 200g/cm2, 60℃ 100 hrs. put printed sides together||No defect|
|Weathering||Weather meter, 2000 hrs||No defect|
|Light fastness||Fade meter,1000 hrs.||No defect|
- Test Conditions 【VK ink printed on PVC sticker and overcoated】 【T 300 mesh】 【80W/cm Two metal halide lamps, 15cm height, belt speed 8m/min】
- Above resistance test results are measured results in our laboratory and they are not guaranteed values.
- Information contained in this catalog may change without prior notice.
What is screen printing?
Screen printing is a type of stencil printing which uses a technique of duplicating the image from a design made on mesh stencils.
When printing ink goes through the mesh, it transfers the image onto the substrate material. Other than air and water, any substrate materials are printable. Not only flat surfaces, but also curved, specially shaped, and molded products are suitable for screen printing.