MIX-HF ink is a highly transparent 2 pack type ink that also can be used for back print for TOC-HF and MIR mirror ink. Normally, Mirror ink is printed on polycarbonate substrate and mirror surface becomes cloudy when it is back-printed by ordinary screen ink. By back-printed with MIX-HF ink, the mirror surface does not become cloudy.
- Display, Home appliance nameplate
Home Appliance (IoT)
Smartphone, Tablet, Smart watch
- Forms a highly transparent printed ink layer.
- Back printing on MIR Mirror ink improves scratch resistance and ink layer resistance.
- No intentional use of Halogen (Chlorine Cl, Bromine Br) compounds in raw materials.
- PC sheet
- C-002 SOLVENT（standard）Dilution:15%
Catalyst, Promoter mixing
- 210 CATALYST 3% Pot life: 5 to 8 hrs.
- 200 CATALYST 9% (For use in Film insert molding)
- *The ink will turn to gel after the pot life has expired. Be sure to mix only enough to use
- Not required
- Screen Cleaner L2
- T 300 mesh（Coverage is about 35～45m2/㎏ at 300 mesh）
- 80℃ 30 min
- Over print
Each layer 80℃ 10 min (tack-free)
Final layer 80℃ 30 min
- *For film insert molding applications, drying at 80°C for 60 min after binder printing is recommended.
HF239 LIGHT YELLOW
HF939 NC BLACK
- Due to the possibilities of contamination with halogen compounds, only designated solvents and catalysts can be used.
- Please check the squeegee rubber, emulsion, materials and substrates before use, as they may contain halogen compounds.
- In the forming process such as vacuum forming, pressure air forming, and mold forming, as well as in insert molding processes that integrate injection molded resin, a complex set of factors affect the performance of the final product, including the selection of printing materials and inks for design printing, printing conditions, printing sequence, drying method and conditions, selection of molding resin, mold design (gate shape, type and position, number of gates), and conditions set during injection molding.
- Preliminary testing under actual conditions is strongly recommended before a commercial run.
- When using Binder, the halogen free “IMB-HF006 Binder” （for various type of substrate） or “IMB-HF009 Binder” (for PC substrate) is recommended. Separate instruction manual is available.
- Ink shelf life: 24 months from production date, unopened.
- UN No.: Not classified in the definition
- UN Classification: Not classified in the definition
- Use safety gloves and eyeglasses to protect skin and eyes. If the ink comes in contact with skin, wash with soap and plenty of water (or lukewarm water) and consult with a doctor.
- Containers should be closed tightly after use and stored in a cool and dark place.
- SDS is available upon request. Please request a copy and read it carefully before handling the products.
|Test item||Test Conditions||Test results|
|Adhesion||JIS K 5600-5-6:ISO2409（Cross-cut）,1mm interval 6×6, cellophane tape and peel||0(no peel)|
|Cold||-40℃、240 hrs., check appearance and peel off from the substrate||No defect|
|Heat||90℃、240 hrs., check appearance and peel off from the substrate||No defect|
|Humidity||65℃、95%RH 250 hrs., check appearance and peel off from the substrate||No defect|
|Accelerated Weathering||（Xenon lamp） Weather-meter, 200 hrs., BP Temp.63+/-3℃, Raining rate 18 min/120 min, check color fade and peel off||No defect|
|Light Fastness||Fade meter 600 hrs., check color fade and peel off||No defect|
- Test conditions 【MIX-HF 919 BLACK】 【C-002 SOLVENT 15%】 【210 CATALYST 3%】 【80℃ 30 min】 【T 300】 【Substrate: Polycarbonate】
- Above resistance test results are measured results in our laboratory and they are not guaranteed values.
- Information contained in this catalog may change without prior notice.
What is the recommended overprint ink?
Please use MIX-HF ink for MIR-ink for over printing. If other inks are used, the mirror effect will deteriorate.
However, for substrates with strong solvent resistance (treated PET), inks other than MIB and MIX-HF inks can also be used as a overprint ink.
What are the meanings of X and Q used in the ink names such as IPX, INQ, FMX, etc.?
X and Q are used to designate isophorone-free inks.
Is there any information related to high transparency inks?
The MIX-HF ink series offers “High transparency” and “excellent leveling property” more than ever before. The haze value in MIX-HF000 medium (*) is as low as 0.6. In addition to MIX-HF, there are other inks with high transparency such as TOC-HF. Please select the ink that best suits your application.
(*) Haze value: Haze value is the ratio of diffuse light transmission to total light transmission when irradiated with visible light. The smaller the haze value, the better the transparency.
Haze value(%)=Td/Tt x 100 (Td:Diffusive transmittance, Tt: Total transmittance)
What is jet-black ink?
Jet-Black ink is an ink that produces a glossy black finish called “piano black” or “jet black. It achieves a luxurious lacquer-like gloss and unique brilliance, and contributes to the high added value of the products .
Introduction of functional Black ink
- Related technical information
- Related event information